Designed by Mies van der Rohe for his renowned Tugendhat House in Brno, Czech Republic, the Brno Chair reflects the groundbreaking simplicity of its original environment. The design is celebrated for its lean profile, clean lines and meticulous attention to detail.
Details on ‘Brno’ Chairs:
Construction and Details
- Frame is chrome-plated 11 gauge steel. The mirror chrome-plating process includes lengthy nickel and silicone coatings for rust protection and increased durability. All chairs are polished to a mirror finish
- Clean, seamless joints and hidden drilled or countersunk holes (as opposed to punched) render the chair free of deformation
- Seat has an inner hardwood frame cushioned with variable density foam. Dymetrol seat suspension enhances comfort level
Sustainable Design and Environmental Certification
- Certified Clean Air GOLD
Additional Options Available by Phone (See Below)
- Upholstered in Spinneybeck® leather
- Frame in tubular, pre-stressed, pre-buffed 14 gauge stainless steel
- Thin-seat version, modelled after the original 1929 specifications
Details on LeCorbusier LC6 Table::
The idea informing the LC6 table, which was launched at the 1929 Salon d’Automne in Paris, lies in the distinction between the support and what is supported, in other words, the base and the table top. The separation of the two parts is highlighted by the four intermediate structures. These both regulate the height and serve to maintain the due distance between the heavy base and delicate lines of the table-top. The base was designed in 1928, taking its cue from the oval profiles used in aeronautical design to maintain the distance between the wings of biplanes. The current model features a steel base painted in the palette privileged by Le Corbusier, while the top is available in glass.
NOTE:: Glass on this table is a custom size: 96x38x 1 3/4” thick glass. The dimensions below pertain to the base only – not the top.
NOTE:: This table comes with a custom top which is larger than the below dimensions (dimensions of custom glass: 96x38x 1 3/4” thick glass). The base dimensions are shown below.
Condition:: Wear consistent with age and use.
Chairs:: Have scratches on a couple of the chairs
Table:: Has scratches on surface.
To be sold as a set
Price:: $9,000.00 or very best offer